Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Doing Something New, Any Thoughts?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  2:18 pm Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wasn't sure if giving individual S quarters San Fransisco themed sticker labels would make them more attractive as set pieces, but I produced a small batch and might put them on eBay to see if there's any interest. Would you pay a small premium for these over just raw S quarters?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3466 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full disclosure. I'm not a quarter collector but they look very attractive.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12398 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those should definitely fetch some premium
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2408 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very good idea, Don't let the coin shows know what you are up to..
Pillar of the Community
United States
702 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They sell on ebay for between $1.50 and $1.80 each raw. Not sure how much more additional you could make off them with a sticker on a 2x2 but nothing tried is nothing gained.

Good luck.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18443 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't collect Quarters so it does nothing for me.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mail187man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even if it does not bring a premium over other raw S quarters, it will likely get yours to sell faster than other identical quarters that are listed online. Maybe you could get a little more too though, test the waters and give it a shot.
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2019  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nazarene to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They look good and I would try a few if I were you. Just make sure your extra costs for the upgraded presentation are covered in the realized sale prices as well as compensation for your time and effort.
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsInVT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Adds an interesting edge. Maybe try printing a run using a glossy paper?
Pillar of the Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2019  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I must admit, even though I have no interest in buying quarters, this kinda makes me wanna buy one of those.
Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get - Forrest Gump

Finally building up my own Lincoln Cent Collection! Check it out here: http://goccf.com/t/349472

Best Circulation/CRH Find So Far: http://goccf.com/t/349510
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10016 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would they all be the Golden Gate Bridge? Maybe mix it up with other interesting Bay Area landmarks?
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like chafemasterj and justcarl I'm not a quarter collector. However, I like displayed coins. I would probably buy it if it had more of a back ground theme for that particular quarter. I am guessing that is the Golden Gate Bridge?

Here is the US Mints display. It is much bigger that what you are making. but you can see the theme.

Edited by carlp007
08/06/2019 02:00 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2019  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you should turn the coin around and have the reverse seen, not Washington's head.

KK
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BrandaBob what did you decide to do?
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think you should turn the coin around and have the reverse seen, not Washington's head.

I think this is the best advice so far.
Love the idea though. Personally, I put my coins in albums so I would not have an interest in paying more for it, since I would take it out anyway. But I love the idea and think it will go over well.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05