Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Abused "Filler Coins"

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
711 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  11:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I thought it may be interesting to see if anyone has any filler coins in their collection that have been abused or badly damaged.
Here's a coin that resides in my collection for now.
They weren't happy with just holing this one but they also double stamped it W.P. Keith.
Anyone else with something similar?

Cheers, Bill

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1434 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep this 1 and I wish the hole was not there

Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an 1882-H large cent I've had in my collection for a while.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5495 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually got this coin in change when I was nine years old! The 1950 penny is one of the key dates of the British pre-decimal bronze penny series, with a mintage of just 240,000. This coin was in my album for 13 years until I could afford a better specimen!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10169 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2019  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Hounddog Bill

Check this out: Examples

http://goccf.com/t/284217
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10169 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2019  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1859 Canada.
One cent.

Valued Member
Canada
345 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every collector must have had some at one time. I still have a couple. This one is probably from 2000-2005 and it had to be less than $20.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10169 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1856 K France.
5 centimes, Napoléon III tête nue.

Valued Member
Canada
345 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  02:22 am  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have this 1871 and an AG-3. Embarrassing, I really need to upgrade.

Valued Member
Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grandpapa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This has been in my collecton for years.
Learn More...
Canada
8560 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  11:10 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one would have considerable value, without the hole... I sold it a few years ago for like 1/10th of the value an undamaged coin would have.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1434 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This 1 I will keep OBV38-REV E39B

Look at the 9

Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Valued Member
Canada
345 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dipped in the wrong stuff, but it has the die clash on the reverse and repunched letters in Gratia Regina. Couldn't go wrong at $3.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05