Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Large Cents For $1.33

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2234 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  11:28 am Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
sloooowly becoming a large cent guy, and manage to grab this lot of 350+ large cents for $1.33 CDN each (incl delivery) from a US seller who had very few (4 out of 400ish) canadian listings.

I see a few culls in there, but also a fair number of vickies. I'm not expecting any miracles in the bunch, but at the same time wouldn't it be pretty hard to go backwards on the purchase?

I'll post results in about a week, but in the mean time, good deal or not?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4054 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On it's face, it looks like a pretty decent deal, particularly if variety hunting.

I'm pullin' for ya, good luck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2500 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a variety collector (and not just the published ones). Yes, you got a good deal. I'd like to know the location where you got this bargain. I live in the T.O. area. Yes, you got a good deal. Geos usually go for around $.75 each to a friend/dealer. The Eds are a little more. The Vickies depend on the coin.
Valued Member
Canada
69 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find! Should be fun!
Learn More...
Canada
8537 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
386 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It all depends on the number of Vickies in the group. I usually get well circulated George and Edward pieces for well less than a dollar. The Vickies hopefully will make the difference here.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05