Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 American Innovation $1 Coin Program Designs

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  6:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Mint has finally revealed the designs of the 2019 Innovation Dollars.

https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-r...gram-designs

Still no release dates though.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the notice, Mark. I considered starting a reverse proof set of these, but so far what they are picking and the designs seem a bit lackluster.
Learn More...
United States
78656 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
552 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info Mark. I'm actually ok with the designs. Glad they went with the polio vaccine and light bulb for Penn and NJ. Cant wait to see how the designs look on the actual coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the dollar coin unpopular as a circulating coin and collector interest minimal I belief the mint intentional held off in releasing them. The 2018 was probably a market test of sales based not only on mintage figures, but at what rate. Were the bulk bought within the first three months? If so, why spread it out over a year? Releasing them late in the year based on those findings seems plausible when looking at the billions uncirculated in storage. Despite a strong market for circulation in Central and South America, the Innovative Dollar Program is a non-circulating coin series after all. Just my thoughts.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12620 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have to say as usual from the mint I am very disappointed in the designs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
790 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be sitting this series out
Pillar of the Community
United States
1365 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love small dollar coins and have really enjoyed both series so far. I'm all in on this series, even though some of the designs could be better. I just hope they don't over mint the proofs and reverse proofs. A limit of 50k if they're $7 each or less if they cost more would be appropriate.
Pillar of the Community
United States
552 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2019  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Bret, I'm all in as well. I'm sure there'll be designs I won't agree with but it is what it is. So long as the price point stays the same I'll probably be in for the long haul.
Learn More...
United States
78656 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2019  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It will be an interesting series. I can see the mintage going down as it progresses through the years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1114 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint's product page is now showing the release date and images of the Delaware $1. P & D rolls/bags will be released on 19 Sep.
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So the only way to get these would be to buy a roll (or bag)? Sigh.

I guess we buy a roll or bag, keep a few for collecting, then put the rest in circulation.
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2019  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Though I'm not really enthused about the initial designs of the series I've decided to keep up with it because there's always the chance I'll change my mind half way through and have to scramble to pick up whatever I missed when it was issued.
I'll get an example of the business strikes off ebay, that way I'm not stuck with a lot of extra coins to get rid of, then wait and get the proofs and reverse proofs from the mint
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10122 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2019  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...I've decided to keep up with it because there's always the chance I'll change my mind half way through and have to scramble to pick up whatever I missed when it was issued.

I'm with you there. However, it's very likely that you could pick them up for less than issue price a few years down the road.
Learn More...
United States
78656 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2019  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So the only way to get these would be to buy a roll (or bag)? Sigh.
I let the coin show dealers buy the rolls/bags and then buy what I need from them.
Valued Member
United States
188 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint now has dates for the Innovation dollars, except the Georgia and New Jersey reverse proofs.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05