Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 Specimen Strike Cased Silver Dollar With Clip

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 906Next Topic  
Learn More...
Canada
9449 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  3:47 pm Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I mentioned having this one several times, but I don't think I have ever posted it.

close ups of the clip

Blakesley Effect
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
790 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robmck1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another nice coin SPP!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3266 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
has this one been graded yet? I can't imagine there are too many of these around. very nice coin..
Valued Member
Canada
115 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Beautiful coin - SPP I remember a few years back, you said you searched nickel dollars before they were destroyed at the mint. Did you find this hunting or no?
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2019  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Clip SPP-Ottawa! Did you buys this off of eBay?
Learn More...
Canada
9449 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  11:17 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@CanadaPennies19 - I still do search the nickel dollars before going to the mint's alloy recovery program. But, this one is silver, not nickel.

@Errers and Varietys - it came from a local Ottawa dealer, several years ago, Alliance Coin & Banknote

@silverwolf - yes, it is in a PCGS holder, graded SP-65: https://www.PCGS.com/cert/26645599
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53436 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice for sue, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2265 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome error coin in Specimen, great clip,
with typical toning, I seek the 1973. Seeing
this shows there is a chance.

Editing to say beautiful toning shown in the
PCGS photo, blues on reverse, subtle tan pink
on obverse.

Clip Toning
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Edited by SilverDon
08/17/2019 11:43 am
Learn More...
Canada
9449 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is hope SilverDon... here is the nickel version of a 1973 PL dollar with a rim clip, that I found from searching PL sets at larger coin shops.

My eBay store
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2019  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SPP-Ottawa, thank you very much for answering my question.

I also like the new Clip you posted.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2265 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice cameo on that 73 Specimen nickel dollar,
looks like a nice full strike, great Blakesley
Effect, thanks for sharing.
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Valued Member
Canada
115 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow those are both gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 906Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05