Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1907 Edward Gold Sovereign Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Lebanon
62 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  1:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
Can you help me grade this coin please?

Edited by chronos
08/23/2019 1:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5113 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40307 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
Lebanon
62 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for your help
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17464 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both coins look like cast counterfeits to me. No grade.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40307 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2019  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IGE - I only see one coin here. Could you tell us more about why you think it is counterfeit?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17464 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Frog, I stand corrected, after looking closer I see it is the same coin in all four photos. What I see are the gas bubbles on the surfaces, the little raised bumps (best seen in photo #2 & #3). I also see lack of detail or incorrect detail in many locations, especially George's chest, face details, and dragon. Chances are it is real gold as many gold coins were counterfeited in Lebanon back in the 1970's and sold as bullion but fineness varied.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2350 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For reference, a PCGS MS-64 that sold recently
I had taken all those little marks to be surface dings, but always tough to tell.
Edited by tdziemia
08/28/2019 4:12 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17464 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are nicks also but what stood out to me are the numerous "raised" bumps both on the fields and design devices.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40307 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that I enlarge the pics, I think I see what you mean, at least on the reverse.
Valued Member
Lebanon
62 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys
thanks for you help. As I know that in my country there is lot of fake Georges V gold sovereign .I didn't heard before of an Edward Vii fake one .Rarely you can find an Edward sovereign and they are sold in a price above the bullion value.
These are other pics from the same coin so you can definetly rule out if it is fake or not .Ive noticed that if you look on the coin from a specific angle it look like it has on the surface blackish spots all over the observe .It can be seen only in one of the pics.

Edited by chronos
08/29/2019 2:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2664 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the weight and diameter?
Valued Member
Lebanon
62 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a gold coin 22ct ,I dont have precise scale to measure the diameter but using a ruler ,its between 22-23mm .
the weight is 8.0g on the scale .
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VickySilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, reverse does look a bit more suspect than the obverse and some curious details such as St. George's abdomen detail. What in the world is going on there? I think I will vote on appearance only as likely "good" gold counterfeit. I would really have been tempted to grade a similar legit coin as AU55.
Valued Member
Lebanon
62 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2019  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,
I have send high def pics to a gold sovereign dealer.He said it is authentic and have a nice grade .He think it may take an AU58 grade
Valued Member
Germany
139 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2019  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KaiserSoze to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well if it is genuine I'd say Au 55-58
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05