Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found A Token Metal Detecting. Need Some Help Identifying

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  2:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mboth to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Hi everyone. New to the site. I found this token in my backyard. It says "investors syndicate horseshoe division contest winner. King Merritt Month November 1939". I can't really see anything on the back of the token. I tried to find some history on it, but nothing showed up on the internet.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29074 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Can you post photos?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mboth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried the tutorial but it won't let me post from my iphone
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12770 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mboth, first welcome to CCF. Second, I'm sorry that you are having some difficulty with uploading pics to this thread. Typically it is because of the size limitations. Consider running the pics through the free image optimizer (link below):

https://www.coincommunity.com/image-optimizer/

Also, to help you look for this token on your own, you should look at the tokencatalog.com website. I didn't see your token in a quick search, but you might have better luck with the token in hand.

With that said, this almost sounds like a medal rather than a token. In digging around on the interwebs, I can find this old postcard with a description of a King Merritt steer roping competition from 1925. Perhaps there is a connection?

http://collections.theautry.org/mwe...523;type=102

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mboth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried the image optimizer, but it tells you to "save" the pic after you get it to the right size, but I can't find the "save" button anywhere
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mboth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mboth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Figured it out
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mboth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, anyone have any history on this coin/token?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18445 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2019  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sorry but don't know anything about that.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05