Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Should I Grade? Found 10 W San Antonio Missions Quarters

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,444Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  6:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PilcrowsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

Just wondering if you guys think I should get them graded or not. Found 10 today and 2 look like they are mint with no scratches. Found 4 proof like D's as well but 97% of all the D's have dings and mint marks/scratches ect on them. But the proof like ones are pretty nice.

Sure the PCGS 2k reward is already claimed.

Thoughts?
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PilcrowsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
update; Seen it's been claimed already. :/ Found another 3 though.
Might send them off still.
Good idea or should I just hold on to them? I have a PCGS membership and haven't used it all year lol.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49026 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please show us some pics before you spend money on grading.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More than likely it would be worth it to have them graded as long as they aren't really ugly
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2908 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
photo's will allow us to help you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
769 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me personally? No. If you are looking to profit on them the markup, despite the current popularity, doesn't appear all that appealing to justify grading. On the other hand, I had seen one yesterday graded ANACS MS68 listed for $1,400 on EBAY. Whether it sold for that is another story. Add to this that in time the hype will die down and prices will drop a bit and settle.
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PilcrowsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the photos. One I probably won't send in cause the face is pretty scratched up. But the others don't look bad. After taking photos (which are bad) One stands out among the others. The two D's look like they have a proof like finish, which can't really tell in the photos lol. Sorry they aren't the greatest.

Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PilcrowsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ballyhoo: After looking at the prices of the ms 67 from june. A lot of them sold for $1,400.00.

For me, I'd like to get them graded so they have the early release label on them and if I luck out, one might be a 68. I'm thinking the rest will all be lower, maybe 60-66. I hope I luck out though.

I might try and do a pre-sale on them. First come get's highest grade and so on. Sounds high to me. But think it's fair cause I'm sure I'll be seeing them go for over a grand here soon.

Crazy I lucked out and found this many though. I've only found 1 gaum W and its the only W I've found.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3289 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
7th and 8th photoed looks best to me. Great find, was the entire box SAMs ?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16684 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sure the PCGS 2k reward is already claimed.

Yep, claimed a week before they were released.
Gary Schmidt
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15825 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2019  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins!
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  01:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PilcrowsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Greasy Fingers: Yea, I thought 7 was really nice. Didn't catch the eye scratch until taking the photos.
Not sure, bank got them in today and was only allowed 2 rolls per customer. But was able to get 4 since I had someone else with me.

Conder101: yea, thats a bummer. I thought I had a chance since I thought everyone was able to get them on monday. My local bank just got them today.

Dorado: thank you!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1034 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My opinion is list the worse ones on ebay and cash in on the "gotta have it now" crowd rush. You'll get the most for it raw doing it now vs. Later.

If you want to get them graded for the first week label, select the best couple or even one that you are comfortable spending the money on to get graded. Maybe the top 5 if it won't break the bank, I think their grading fee per coin is $20, but then there's the shipping costs and handling also but this will spread out the shipping costs per coin so the loaded cost won't be so bad per coin if you can do more than one or two. Those lower ones... they won't grade well if you sent them.

I wouldn't send them all in, honestly anything MS65 or lower you won't be worth much more than your grading fees in the couple weeks to get them done and back while you could cash in by selling your worse ones raw on ebay for more than you'd get for them later in this next week.

This is what I'd do if I had found them this early anyways ultimately the decision is yours to make.
Pillar of the Community
United States
858 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2019  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
List them on eBay as one day auctions. Quicker you can get rid of them, the better
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49026 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2019  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need full-size pics of both sides of each coin before they can be properly graded.
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2019  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PilcrowsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have two on ebay for $80 right now. Couldn't figure out how to change the auction to 1 day. So done a buy it now and since a lot I seen sold for 70-120. Figured I'd see what 80 would do, if anything.

Also, I ended up sending in 3 today for grading along with a bunch of other coins. I'll update you guys with what comes back in about a month.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,444Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05