Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

He Wants $507 For This Coin What Do You All Think?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  2:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrulon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
United States
5162 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would go a bit lower, it looks like it was cleaned and toned back over
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8185 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The old ANACS slab is nice but those gouges on the bust are a bit of a bummer; but this is a semi-key date and I don't see any evidence of cleaning or major issues otherwise. Typical (bad) New Orleans strike. I feel that it is accurately graded at XF45 straight grade.

$550-$575 or so is full retail for an XF40-45 coin. I would offer $475 to start if they take Best Offer; if not, the price of $507 is a bit of a discount but not a killer deal. One potential problem with eBay sellers is that unless you buy a lot from them or know them on some level, they're not as likely to negotiate a substantial discount, especially if they think you're a flipper/reseller based on your FB or if the item is already on sale like this one is. If this seller has a website it is worth trying to find the coin on their site; it may be priced a bit better, as many dealers prefer to sell off their sites due to less overhead and no fees.

There is enough demand for 1895-O's that you could get back out of it in the future without too much trouble.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is well over the greysheet price.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8185 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many dealers won't sell at or below bid unless they know you (as a collector/customer or as a fellow dealer) or the coin has been in inventory long enough that they really want to get out of it.

I don't keep a CDN subscription anymore, so I don't know what current bid is, but you can try offering bid and see what happens. It may work, or it may get you blocked/ignored.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3353 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numismedia says $550 for an XF40 (retail price)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40443 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Price seems reasonable, but I find that oxidation spot distracting.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16973 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
any time there is something on a coin draws my immediate attention, I pass.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7549 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it just makes XF45. I don't think it was cleaned. eye appeal would only affect value a little. would not consider full XF45 price for it
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17507 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is graded property and priced at about full retail.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3288 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That vintage ANACS slab (very late in the Amos Press ownership) can be a little overgraded. They were big into market grading. Not as bad as the blue labels under Anderson Press ownership that came afterwards.
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05