Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Peter Rabbit 50p Piece

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
1 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  02:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ap1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi

I have been handed a 2016 Peter Rabbit 50 pence coin.

Having looked online it seems that they are quite rare and I wondered whether anyone had any advice on this?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9989 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  03:13 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My understanding is that there was a hype surrounding them that caused some high prices, but they are not rare and worth pretty much face value in circulated condition.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Edited by spruett001
09/11/2019 03:14 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29039 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And to CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United Kingdom
46 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

These were minted in their millions (nearly 10 million were made according to they Royal Mint) so unfortunately you haven't stumbled into a fortune this time. A collector *might* pay a bit over face if it is absolutely minty fresh, but it would likely be a few pounds at the absolute best. In average circulated condition, either spend it or use it to start your own collection :)
Edited by Collector28
09/11/2019 05:03 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5498 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  05:42 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Forum!

with the above. I regularly get bags of 50p's from the bank to sort through, and I find quite a few of the 2016 Peter Rabbit coins.

This site is quite useful if you want to check the rarity and value of UK decimal coins. They also publish a coin catalogue that you can order online:
https://www.checkyourchange.co.uk/
Edited by NumisRob
09/11/2019 05:42 am
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05