Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Scammer To Avoid

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 836Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  4:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Numisto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
All,

I am dealing with the aftermath of a (luckily) small eBay scam, but annoying none the less. Seller listed a coin. I bought. Seller changed the photos to a washed out cleaned version of the coin and shipped it to me. I looked back at my purchase, soon to arrive, and was shocked at how poor my choice was. I never would have made such a poor choice. What was I thinking?!? But, I have proof of what the seller did after a little research on the internet and on eBay.

Avoid this seller: zyzemc

Proof is in the photos below. The photos are bad because they are photos of a computer monitor, but that's all I have.

1) the coin I thought I bought
2) what they changed it to.
3) the edit history of the page. Seller altered the photos 6 days after my purchase!

Again: avoid zyzemc on eBay!

Edited by Numisto
09/12/2019 4:13 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49017 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that!
Learn More...
United States
26504 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They have a current listing with what looks like "what they changed it to" 153639665545

They also have 1,200+ 100% positive feedback.

Oddly, they have no similar coin in their sold items list.
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw that similar listing. Anyway, I don't have the package yet, so you never know what it'll contain. I'm not hopeful, given the photo switching 6 days after purchase. How is that even possible?!
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Moronic that eBay allows changes to the listing after a sale
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2907 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
more than likely the seller, used the ended listing to sell a similar coin, and uploaded new images, and posted the coin. Rather than creating a whole new listing. I do the same thing when I have multiples of the same date.

You will know better , when you receive the coin. And maybe premature in accusing the seller,of being a scammer before the coin is in hand.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta agree with SilverWolf. Until you receive the item it's a bit premature to scream scam.

I often had the exact same item that I reloaded with new photos. It's just faster and you get the item in the photos that you won.
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, guys. You remind me to be patient with eBay, and with sellers.

I'd love to say most buyers and sellers on eBay are good, but I can't quite say that. I can say there are many that are good, but I'm not sure if it's more or less than half.

Glad to be wrong here, because it'll mean that I likely got a great coin for a great price.

I'll let you know, and I'll remove the post to save the seller's reputation if I'm wrong.
Valued Member
179 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the heads up!
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I got the coin and the seller finally communicated with me. I was right that he changed the photo well after selling it but before shipping it. But, the CCF was right that he might using the listing to sell another similar item with new photos. That is what he was doing.

I got a fairly nice coin that matched my original photos, not the ones they were changed to.

But, I do have to say that it is a real glitch that eBay can allow that to happen and affect the My eBay information of someone who already purchased something.

I'll leave this up for a day or so to show that I Was wrong and then delete the topic for the seller.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 836Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05