Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dang, A $29,750 Premium Markup On A Single $150 Melt Value Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  11:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 4504 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This has got to be some kind of record somehow somewhere. I'm a little short on this kind of cash so I have to pass it up...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332163286987
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11591 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Insane for a piece of Bullion . But someone will have to have it .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17350 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't want one unless it was 70.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20059 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Meh, he's collecting offers, who cares. Nothing to see here.
Valued Member
United States
354 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have $27 and 42 cents in my pocket. I wonder if I should make an offer?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20059 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would just be a waste of everyone's time.
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2019  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 4504 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, one COULD make sort of a comparison of sorts with other coins, with one example being the 1907 double eagle gold $20 high relief piece with roman number dates . While most (but not all) of other years, earlier oor later years could see wild or high pricing, it is not usual to see prices of up to 10k and WAY UP FROM THERE on these coins, depending on their grades.... 20k to almost 100k prices can be seen for these coins for basically melt value, DEPENDING HEAVILY ON THEIR GRADES.

The big difference between those coins and this one is that the market is somewhat familiar with the $20 high relief 1907 gold pieces, but this nonsense about the crazy premium just because of its edge wide or narrow edging...wide or narrow is a imaginary seller pipe dream. Find a proof example of the 1907 and you will see crazy high pricing, the problem is that NGC will grade some as proof while pgcs will not grade ANY as proofs, because they really did not exist. None were minted specifically as proofs to my knowledge.
Edited by 4504
09/16/2019 12:30 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5081 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2019  03:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll assume there really is a variety of this bullion piece with "narrow reeds" and NGC has made a correct attribution. It's still a very minor variety, with zero interest to me and probably not much interest for anyone else. I'd value it the same as a "regular" 2014 tenth-ounce gold eagle in NGC MS-69.

Of course, that's just me....
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15868 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2019  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Meh.
I agree.
I am totally underwhelmed.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05