Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Need Some Serious Help Please!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  11:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wendyru to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone, I need some help with this one.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

I'm trying to take some better pictures so you can actually SEE what I'm talking about. This cheap phone is not helping me. It is a 1968 s Lincoln memorial, but is also is clad, in awful shape, and covered in upside down, backwards, whatever else D mint marks? Idk. I'll try and get better pictures asap too. I don't know if you can see in any of these, but Southeast of the MM is what looks like a horizontal "D". And it weighs like 2.9

Pillar of the Community
United States
4649 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2019  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
... to the Community!

Your 1968-S cent was exposed to the elements for a very long time and is horribly corroded. It is not an error coin and suffers from post mint damage.

The good news it is still worth one cent!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17351 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This has been used, abused, perhaps lost and found. What you mentioned is all because of environmental damage.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wendyru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gosh,really? I thought outdoors was supposed to be good for you lol. Thank-you, that makes sense, I found it MD.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4649 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I thought outdoors was supposed to be good for you lol.

Being outdoors and active is ALWAYS good for you!

Finding coins when metal detecting is even better! Keep up the search!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41271 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps buried at some point?
Valued Member
United States
246 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mail187man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also metal detect, and as soon as I saw that coin I knew where it came from. Now you just need to dig up some Large Cents.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18551 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

WOW! was that thing messed with.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
828 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wendyru! Please stick around!
Valued Member
United States
131 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nieuw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Unfortunately this is just a severely corroded coin
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05