Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 Gold Coins - What Could I Expect To Get For These?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  11:36 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These two coins we're included in a lot I previously purchased.

1. 2012 100 Dollars 150th Anniversary of the Cariboo Gold Rush 14 karat Proof Issue: $599.99 Mintage: 2,500

2. 2012 200 Dollars The Vikings .9999 Gold Proof Issue: $1,199.99 Mintage: 3,000

Could I expect anything above melt?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4658 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look on eBay for past COMPLETED sales and go from there. At least you'll get an idea if there is a market above bullion value. Good Luck!
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No completed listings for either, only a handful of each for sale.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2464 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My dealer melts them all. very small market of collector's for these.. if you were to sell on ebay,
you would have to cover ebay and paypal fees, plus however long you have to sit on them, just to cover melt value.

Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's unfortunate that they're melting these down. Especially with such small mintages.
Edited by CanadaPennies19
09/21/2019 4:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2464 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i agree, if I was super wealthy, there is so many items, I would have saved from the melting pot. But he is there to run a business, and can't sit on gold very long, with so much money tied up in it., waiting for the one person who needs any one particular coin. I have seen buckets of silver coins go to the mint to be refined. I can't begin to guess, how many face dollars, of silver coins have been melted. and the coins keep coming in.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17406 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It really is unfortunate. Especially considering the topics of commemoration.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
567 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2019  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@CanadaPennies19, if you enjoy these coins then definitely hang on to them.

FWIW my local LCS told me the same thing - they are paying slightly over spot.

Cheers!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05