Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

German 1909 Proof 10 Mark

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Austria
5 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mycoingrade to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I have 2 questions.
1) Is this gold coin proof?
2) How much is the mintage of the 1909 proof 10 Mark gold coin?

Edited by mycoingrade
09/23/2019 3:26 pm
Austria
5 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycoingrade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found the below table.
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2474 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

We have some people here who are familiar with German gold, and should be able to comment. Be patient.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10617 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Austria
5 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  05:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycoingrade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.
I cannot find the mintage for the proof coin.
Austria
5 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2019  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycoingrade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
?
Austria
5 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2019  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycoingrade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a book that I can check?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2474 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2019  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mycoingrade, I have not been able to find mintage figures for any of the proof coins of this issue. Perhaps they are not published, and this is why you have not gotten an answer.

In my opinion, your coin looks like a proof from the photos, but it also appears it may have some handling or some slight damage. There appear to be some nicks to the rim visible reverse between 1:00 and 3:00, and it looks like some faint hairlines on the fields obverse.

I have found two more recent sales of proof coins. At a 2015 Heritage Auction, the 1912 and 1913 each sold for $7,000, well above the estimate.
For comparison purposes to your coin, you can see a photo of the coins here: https://www.numisbids.com/n.php?p=l...79&lot=30028
These look like flawless coins, and probably are earning a premium at auction because of this.

I am not sure of your location, but one place which may be able to help you further is HD Rauch (auction house) in Vienna.
Edited by tdziemia
09/27/2019 3:17 pm
Austria
5 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycoingrade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your comments. I will send this coin for certification.
Below an other picture
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05