Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mule 1907 Dime Facereverse With 1926 Penny Face Obverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
79 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2019  1:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Beedles to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
new to collecting I was wondering of you know anything about a coin I just got from my step dad that he got when his brother passed away and he gave me one coin that is weird its a 1907 dime reverse an d 1926 penny obverse. it looks like a dime was pressed into the penny. Its weight is 3.38g. TY once again for any info you have. This is getting fun my step dad gave me a lot of coins so yippie.sorry not good pics.
Thank You
Beedles

Pillar of the Community
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2019  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a Magician's coin. It's not from the mint. The coin is made for magicians to use in aiding the magician's so to say magic. Now you see a penny...I wave the magic hand and now you see a dime....It found its way into circulation most likely and was found by your relative. It happens from time to time.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
09/29/2019 2:06 pm
Valued Member
79 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2019  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beedles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmm its a real dime and penny and the copper shows around the dime . it is perfectly centered, if you look at it you see the copper around the dime. The more I search magician coin I think you might be right , its just I don't see any like it and its perfect centered and flush. I suppose it might carry value for collectors?
Edited by Beedles
09/29/2019 3:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42269 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2019  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is an unusual combination. Does the dime pop out?
Pillar of the Community
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2019  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would carry as much value as it would cost a Magician's coin I suppose. You can go online or a magic store and pick one up. There's another piece missing. It's the cover "the back of the cent. You show the dime and then you pick up the cover "the reverse of the Lincoln cent" which is just a shell of a coin which slides over the dime. You don't show the shell coin to the public. then you show the coins in your fingertips to the public so they see the dime and penny together giving the appearance of two coins next to one another..then slide the two together in your fingertips creating the one coin...magic 2 coins become one. You're missing the other piece of the coin. I've seen this with a Lincoln cent and a Roosevelt dime. This must be an older one from 80 or so years ago...It may hold a premium for being vintage, but you are indeed missing the other half...the "shell" coin piece
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
09/29/2019 3:42 pm
Valued Member
79 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2019  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beedles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ah ty for the info , and no coinfrog it does not it looks clearly pressed into a penny to me any ways, very solidly in there. It has pic shows a little of the silver coming through the penny side on face and neckish areas. When rotated its of by half if you flip dime is sideways. other then scratch's on face coin looks good , penny side has black spot near date not sure how to clean other then that it looks great. Also penny side has a clearly sunken look to the main face etc. compared to dime side.
Edited by Beedles
09/29/2019 4:14 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2019  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You've received good information and I'm also on board with this being a Magicians coin.

We absolutely love it when our members find something neat like an actual error or variety or any coin they've done well obtaining.

So when we have seen and recognized something like your Magicians coin many dozens, or hundreds of times, we are not trying to bum you out.

Everyone who reads posts gains knowledge from any post.

And
Valued Member
79 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2019  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beedles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol I new to this starting collecting when I became disabled and wife left etc... My first thing I did was go through my coin jug I had since 1980s {I am 51} AND looking for cool coins , also started buying silver bullion too. very fun for me and my daughter 10 years old. She loves collecting State Quarters.My first oppies was I found a penny with Lincoln and Kennedy on it, then I found out its a novelty item from 19070's year of the coin was 1973. got me excited lol but oh well was fun
Learn More...
United States
78522 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
999 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2019  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, this is called a Magician's coin with no real collector value, other than being an interesting oddly. Actual $ value? Maybe worth a few dollars on eBay. While roll searching I recently came across a two-tailed Wheatie. when you come upon these oddities you certainly do a double take!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18667 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2019  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

There is a magic shop in my town and they sell those for about $25.
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05