Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some 1963 Pennies ~hanging 3 Examples ~dots And Clashes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  02:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tone2tone to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Some Hanging 3 varities

Bedrock of the Community
United States
29447 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Nice.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39515 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would question if this is a die clash?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29447 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The hanging 3 is a die clash. There are a few other dates as well.http://coinsandcanada.com/coins-err...-clash&id=10
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
10/08/2019 08:33 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4193 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no question, it is a die clash.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1542 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure someone here can put up te clever superimposed image that shows the overlay of the reflected obverse on the reverse. I think this "hanger" is made by the Queen's chin. On George coins, the clash can show as a lump on the stem above the 3 in this picture. On the obverse, on George coins, the clash often appears to some to be a "hearing aid" in the king's ear. Seems to be a common/sought after coin for 1952.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41298 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7628 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
clever superimposed image that shows the overlay of the reflected obverse on the reverse.
Thanks to castor, courtesy of cac.
Overlays of Canadian coins
http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins...ities&id=105
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
10/08/2019 10:17 am
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tone2tone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcomes and the responses to the photo's. I hope to share a bunch of exciting items that I am in the midst of discovering as they arrive from estate auctions. :)
Learn More...
Canada
8607 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  12:14 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I go through sealed mint bags of BU pennies and I don't bother searching for this sort of stuff. I usually just take them to the bank when I am done, probably because I would feel bad selling something I already searched.

But, when it comes to stuff that I don't even search for, maybe I should sell my leftovers to collectors like you instead, whom obviously love the little varieties.

Something for me to consider...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tone2tone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have acquired quite a few rolls of BU's with different dates..I am finding a lot of different grades. I have taken the best ones and put them in protection. What you are seeing here are usually the ms 62 in the rolls as I try to document the different varieties in each. :)
Learn More...
Canada
8607 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is what I see... I mostly search for high grades and errors. I never look at the clashes and smaller varieties, perhaps I should pass my searched bags on to collectors that do...

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tone2tone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!! Impressive. I would see why you wouldn't go through them all. I have mostly unopened rolls from the 1950's and 60's and each roll has the all same year within and a limited range of grades and sequences of errors per roll.. So it makes it much less work but still IS a lot when taking your time to look and record all 40 in each roll.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05