Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Got This As A Tip What's A Fair Value

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  04:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jjtf1987 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

So I received this as a tip today. I was going to go get something to eat and I noticed the serial number. My brother is a collector so I didn't use it I told my brother and he wants it. What would be a fair value I know it is only a 450,000 mintage series. It has wear but no tears or Mark's on it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2324 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  06:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF.

The print run was actually 640K and the serial number (AABBCCDD) is kinda cool, but it's in less than desirable condition. Circulated 2009 $20 star notes sell anywhere from $20-$30 on eBay, sometimes more if they have a super low serial number or fancy serial number. I have an example so I'm not sure I'd keep it because it's a $20. Paper money collectors typically don't use the word "mintage" (coin term) and if your brother is showing an interest in the note, why not give it to him ?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42148 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree this is probably just a spender.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Unfortunately, I agree. On a circulated $20 Bill there isn't much additional value.

I'd save it for a couple months and give it to your brother as a present. He will always think of you when he sees it.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jjtf1987 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice star note and I will give it to him for a different $20 lol when it is your lunch money you cant just give it as a gift unfortunately lol. But I thank you for the opinions.
Learn More...
United States
78326 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
531 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What would be a fair value

$20.00
37 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2019  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kotsr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 tens
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05