Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1954 PF DDO/DDR Quarter!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
62 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  1:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tldemars333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi! Has anybody ever heard of the pf 1954 ddo/ddr quarter? Its graded by anacs and listed on their site. I'm looking for a price on it? I cant anything about it online.

Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddyknuckles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess is that anacs didnt know what to do with this beauty. Dont see anything about DDO and DDR thinking it's a different combination of a few wexlers possibly. Say wmho-001 master hub doubling on obverse and one of four different know DDR just a guess. Going to need very good pictures up close for a true determination of what you have big as possible front and back please so the experts here can see the doubling.
Edited by muddyknuckles
10/14/2019 2:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2437 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
None of the current references for Washington quarter Varieties (Wexler and VarietyVista) list a 1954 proof quarter with both a DDO AND a DDR.

This looks to be an older ANACS slab, the variety attribution may no longer be accurate.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1510 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Tldemars333,

Can you take a picture that shows the doubling on the reverse and obverse? Please post the pictures if you can.

Thanks

Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tldemars333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im going to try n get a few pics now....its not easy with this case tho. Brb
I did match the number to whats on the anacs site
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tldemars333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The best I could get.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40375 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Classic Machine Doubling is all I see from the images. If that is a variety, they missed the call on this coin.
Both DDR and Machine Doubling.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/15/2019 01:05 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2437 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be WDDR-001 but it's very hard to tell from these pics, I might see the notching on the stem. Obverse is likely the master hub doubling, this could have been slabbed before it was found to be master hub doubling not a doubled die.

http://www.doubleddie.com/1846204.html
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tldemars333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do definatley see notching on the ribbon and the top left side of the second T in States. Its sooo hard to get pics of this thing. Ill try again.
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tldemars333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not notching on the ribbon...i mean the stem
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tldemars333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, the notching is so very slight and the tone is so deep that its impossible to get a good pic. I did just notice more notching tho...mainly on the reverse
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40375 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at it on my computer instead of my phone, it is a doubled die, but also has Machine Doubling on some areas.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/15/2019 01:04 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.07 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05