Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found 1971-S Lincoln Cent RPM ; Need Help W The Rest Of Coin

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41752 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1968-1974 had business strikes and proof coins those years. This is not a RPM. It is an issue with a damaged mintmark punch. Thus the lower loop inside had the damaged punch issue. I got a whole roll of cents and all 50 were having the same issue with a damaged mintmark punch. So when you look at cents that year that area RPMs, note the same thing can often be seen on several that year/mint.
http://www.varietyvista.com/02b%20L...%201971S.htm
Note most of these have the same damaged mintmark punch, but that has nothing to do with the RPM.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cocoanutz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was helpful @GreasyFingers Thanks.
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  05:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cocoanutz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks as well again..there goes @coop !!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31230 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Proof coins are minted with special dies and planchets. They are pressed at least two times with higher tonnage than business strikes.There are different types of proof coins,brilliant proof have a mirror look with no frosting effect. Cameo proof that has a mirror background and frosted devices to varying degrees:cameo-deep cameo-ultra cameo.

Quote:
@John1 just by looking with his trained eyes..he knew business strike. How would the beginner know?

Research and a lot of years of practice.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cocoanutz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @John1 I am less than a couple of months new (never too late) and appreciate your sharing your knowledge and experience.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41752 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The proof coins have the mirrored fields:

Also note the devices. How much more crisp they are, even the bust is stronger.

Note even seeing them side by side makes it easier to tell:

Hope this helps. I have a lot more. I didn't even include the matte proof coins. (sometimes it takes looking at a lot coins to start to see the differences)

CoopHome : Proof Coins SBS Normal

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  06:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cocoanutz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was very informative @coop I will be referring to this quite frequently. Thank you very much for sharing.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05