Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Washington Crossing The Delaware Quarter Designs

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rbjr85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So does this mean we're getting another 10 years of new quarter designs? If they're staring off with Washington's crossing of the Delaware why not just have the theme of the next 10 years be important events in American history? Start a new program instead of dragging the ATB program for another 10 years. 1999-2009 = 50 State Quarters and U.S. Territories Quarters, 2010 - 2021 = America the Beautiful Quarters. I think 2022 to 2032 should focus on historical events and be called something like "Landmark Events" quarters. After that they should go back to having a single design. A brand new design, not a return to pre-50 states Washington quarters.
Edited by rbjr85
11/21/2019 4:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1538 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless Congress imposes another change, this "crossing the Delaware" design is permanent. Like the first post in this thread says, "For many years, it's been known that unless the Secretary of the Treasury renewed the America the Beautiful Quarters program for another 56 designs, the quarter would revert to the 1932-1998 obverse and have a new reverse depicting George Washington Crossing the Delaware."

But most of us don't want another multi-year program, and "Landmark Events" would be even more political than we can stand.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rbjr85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I think they should stop in 2021. But since that's not going to happen, I just think they should go with a new series of quarters. "Landmark Events" is just one
possibility. The thing is people can politicize pretty much anything. Some people who have nationalistic viewpoints might consider the themes of the State Quarters to be too regionalistic, for example. Just like some people might view presidential portraiture on money to be bordering on monarchical. I'm just saying, it doesn't matter what they release. People will politicize it. Even if it was a coin with no design and just a date, denomination and mintmark people would politicize it by calling it "communistic in it's sense of soulless utilitarianism." Even not making quarters people would say: "Why aren't they making anymore quarters? Can't they afford it" That would lead to discussions about things like national debt and inflation which in turn become political.
Edited by rbjr85
11/21/2019 3:41 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12773 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm just saying, it doesn,t matter what they release. People will politicize it.

This. They should just do things that make rational people happen and not even worry about the people that get offended by everything
Fire A.J. Preller
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Personally I think they should stop in 2021. But since that's not going to happen...
But it is going to happen. There is no new Quarter program on the books. Plan on having the Washington Crossing The Delaware Quarter for years to come. As of now, if you want a multi-year program, look at the Innovation dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1679 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What's truly remarkable is that by the time three or four dates of these are in circulation it will have been a quarter of a century since the last eagle reverse quarter of 1998...

Quote:
Now that is something to blow ones mind.

By that time it will be almost impossible to find an AU eagle reverse quarter and nice attractive XF's will be getting tough.

Dates before 1990 will be tough in VF and eagle reverse coins will account for less than 25% of the quarters in circulation. A small handful of quarters might contain no eagle reverses at all.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15991 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now that is something to blow ones mind.

Does it blow you mind any more to realize that by that time we will have had washing on the quarter for nearly 100 years? He has already been on the quarter 20 years longer than he was alive.
Gary Schmidt
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05