Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Been Out Of The Loop West Point Quarters?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  09:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Like I said I have been out of the loop on these West Point quarters is it just the San Antonio or will they be doing more ?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29913 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More,4 I think?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It started with the Lowell, and the plans are to continue at least through next year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1906 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All 2019 designs will have 2 million W's minted. I believe bank employees are pulling most uncirculated rolls before handing them out to customers
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17898 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly not seeing any in circulation here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks will any be available any other way like in the UNC mint set?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12550 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks will any be available any other way like in the UNC mint set?

You can buy them on eBay or from someone else, but they won't be in any sets.

They're crazy hard to find when you consider billions of quarters are in circulation and only 2 million of each of these were even made and certainly some have already been lost
Pillar of the Community
United States
740 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First 4 have been released, the 5th one Idaho Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Quarter is releasing on Nov. 4th to banks. a total fo 5 designs with the Ws, all of the 2019 designs, 2 million of each and only into circulation from banks.

They are released into circulation through banks in the Boxes of P+D quarters.
Best way I know to find them is to search boxes and maybe get a 2019 dated box, although, the Lowell (first release) was behind schedule so they were released with the Guam American Memorial Park, and also the American Memorial Park was released with the American Memorial parks P+D rolls.

If you stay vigilant you might get lucky and land a new box, or search circulated boxes and maybe come across them, it's the only way to get them at face value.
The mint won't be selling them, you could buy them on the secondary market from ebay or other online sellers.

They are out there though, it will take some serious effort to get them at face value though through roll hunting. good luck. I've had a couple months long dry spell, and found 50 total, 5 of the Lowell, and 45 of the american memorial park. I don't find the Texas one or the war in the pacific one at all yet. as far as looking at ebay and sorting by nearest to me, the closest ones for sale are 2-3,000 miles away from me for those two designs, so I'm thinking they were never released here. but like I said, I hit pretty big on the American Memorial park design. I feel confident they will turn up at some point by this time next year, I'm still getting whole new boxes of 2018 from the bank, so I'm sure the 2019s will be the same way, and turn up new boxes well into the end of next year.

they will get much harder to find once the whole new boxes are all gone for sure, easiest way is to get a $500 box and hope you get a new one to search through, after they circulate and mix with the billions out there,,,, basebal21 is right, it's going to get even harder.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
10/22/2019 2:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks I am up to speed now
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05