Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Peace Dollar 1922 S VAM 1-093748274b

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Japan
46 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  11:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Stephen-P to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I recently began studying all the drama surrounding Peace dollars, as well as the painfully long variety list associated with VAM.
This is a 1922s with a tight double strike above the eagle's shoulder. There are very fine (die polishing lines?) connecting the d-strike with the eagle's neck. There is a extra ray formed above the second "L" in "Dollar" and another one rising up from the bottom of the left wing.
I didn't see a variety exactly like this in the list, but that is quite a list..

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Japan
46 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Stephen-P to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And I just realized I should have put this in the "varieties" section. Sorry about that!! I'm new and slow
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And I just realized I should have put this in the "varieties" section. Sorry about that!! I'm new and slow
No problem, I moved it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9160 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF Stephen-P!

What you see coming off the eagles shoulder and back are clash marks. Attached is the guide for attributing '22-s with clash marks off the shoulder.http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.c..._Attribution
Member SSDC, TNA
Pillar of the Community
United States
1290 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin! Cool VAM, but I would've bought for the toning. Just beautiful!
"Coin collectors aren't afraid of change."
-Unknown
Best Cherrypicks-
1909 VDB DDO FS-1101-http://goccf.com/t/357327
1967 WQ SMS DDO FS-101-http://goccf.com/t/351558
Japan
46 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Stephen-P to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nicee assist, Jbuck!! Thanks for the help
Dave700x, that help is much appreciated
Japan
46 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Stephen-P to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
QuarterHoarder only in the light!
Without the light it's darker.
But for $5 I can't complain#128513;
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nicee assist, Jbuck!! Thanks for the help
You are welcome.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05