Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Would This Be Considered An FS Jefferson

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  10:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Curveball to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Coins is a 2010D I found crh nickels coin is in very nice condition looks better than some 2019 I'm finding. My question is would this grade out an fs thx in advance

Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5851 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks FS to me.
Knowledge is the key to collector success!
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, but its not rare whatsoever unless its on certain dates in the 1980's and older.
Pillar of the Community
United States
685 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Curveball to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx for the replies its ok if it not rare or worth anything. I just enjoy finding nice condition nickels. Everyday get 1-2 rolls of nickels from the bank and find many 38 to 64s never fs through. Tbh most new ones have some sort of mark or nick on the the steps but its not often ill find one that almost 10 years old and has fs when I do ill put it aside. To me its just interesting it made it all those rounds without catching a mark. When u start looking close most have some sort
of interruption on them id find a 1991 P with fs thats the oldest with fs ive found.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10368 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  04:02 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it would grade FS. Also, this is the first time I've come across Forum Mom in an active topic.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12010 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess I'm the stick in the mud again . I would say close but no cigars , especially on the first step .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42735 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks FS to me - not unusual these days.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Team T-BOP here, I see what he sees, the risers look good but the first step about 1/3rd the way in from the left looks broken....
Pillar of the Community
United States
4195 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Close but no cigar. I save nothing, post '90. My oldest from a box, is a '72D.
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Curveball to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the great information ccf. I appreciate eveyones input. I'm just a hobby collector I do it for fun with my daughter she loves to go through nickels its fun
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jstav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed that one of the TPGs, I think NGC, will grade 5FS or 6FS. that was interesting to me.
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Curveball to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Idk could be not considered fs because bottom base has a mark middle right I guess it comes down to splitting hairs. Middle risers flawless thats why I posted it to get opinions I guess it depends on what kind day a grader is having lol. Its just a hobby to me but some people take the coin game very serious and to a serious old school collector it comes down to splitting hairs. I think its an fs, tbh I think I already spent it like jstav replied its was interesting its hard it find a circulated nickel without the risers smeared or have some sort of contact. Its worth 5 pennies lol its just a nickel
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05