Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1876 MS 61 PCGS Graded Seated Liberty Quarter

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  9:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have to show this now because it won't belong to me at the end of the night. I just purchased this for my good buddy "the groom" and we have a mere 7 hours to get him out and back.....I just secured purchase of this coin...tell me what you think...I will show the groom it in the AM when he wakes....I only have the seller photos at the moment...i wish it were for me...but I feel it's a better gift for me to give.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
11/09/2019 9:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He should be happy, thats nice. But you could have posted after he owns it, no? (even just a little bit) :D I like the reverse on this one more I think.
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Valued Member
Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Extremely nice piece, make sure to enjoy it while it's still yours
Pillar of the Community
United States
5904 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very attractive piece. It would fit your sets nicely. Congrats to your buddy!
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/359443&whichpage=1
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2103 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Doc, I need/want to invite you to my wedding...
He should enjoy it...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1936 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Toned denticles all the way around blue and green, awesome gift!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4313 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I must be missing something.
I don't see why it's only an MS-61.
There's something at 7 o'clock on the obverse between the base and the dentils but I can't see what it is.

Nice coin.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jon, I could do that, but then I'd be posting a picture of someone else's coin. I was just going to give him the mail as is.....but since they are away for the week I will open it upon arrival and take a couple shots before re-wrapping it in a presentable box of some sort. I'd like to know what made it a MS-61 as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2382 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with what others have said. Unless there are a lot of bag marks hiding under the toning this coin looks a lot nice than MS-61. It has wonderful eye-appeal!
Paul Bulgerin
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18448 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a beauty!
Learn More...
United States
79239 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42805 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Knockout. Let us know if you find out anything more to support the grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
552 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Family, friends, and coins, priceless. Well done, Sir.
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin gives off colors like a proof. It's spectacular. I hope he enjoys it. There are a couple nicks and hairlines to the right of the arm and shin which the photos don't pick up under the toning. But that aside...incredible coin. The white blotchy areas appear to be areas where toning didn't occur or rather uneven toning.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
11/21/2019 2:33 pm
Learn More...
United States
79239 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This coin gives off colors like a proof. It's spectacular.
Excellent!

Quote:
I hope he enjoys it.
I cannot imagine why not.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1197 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really only MS61. I don't see that
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05