Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Wife Found This 2005-P Off Center Dime

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  12:46 am Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My wife's FIRST error coin find. This off center Roosevelt dime was on the floor at Walmart when Amy happened to see it. She spotted the error and gave it to me.

Not a bad looking coin!

Click on the photo for a larger image
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
United States
1172 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  12:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool! I'm not sure how much "extra" value being this small amount of being off-centre might being on the open market, but it certainly a neat coin to hold onto, an "interesting" conversation starter. Some people collect off-centre coins, so it might bring a couple bucks, but I'd just keep it. Good on Amy for spotting it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
902 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find Yokozuna, I have a few of these but not much premium if any at all. The premium comes in when the devices fall off the side, nice one though!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30459 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice find Yokozuna,
Nice find "Amy"
Now you owe her Yokozuna
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42891 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4057 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a nice find
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41006 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So how much of a finders fee is she asking you? LOL
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5748 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it a broadstrike? It looks like it is off-center enough that the devices should be cut off, but they aren't.
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
United States
663 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a cool find Yokozuna! I need to train my wife to be able to spot coins like that.

Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41006 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it was in the collar? I think I see reeds on the edge of the coin. (by Liberty)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16016 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like an uncentered broadstrike. Not an off-center because none of the deign is missing.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lc2424 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
&👍#127867;#128513;#128513; nice find
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's an uncentered broadstrike with collar clash. My photos don't show just how much luster the coin has. She's really good at identifying errors and much better than me at grading. As far as I'm concerned, the coin is NOT for sale.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
United States
2601 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lc2424:
I can't figure out your code. What were you trying to say.

Yokozuna:
Way to gotough gal.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.99 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05