Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rural Or City Internet Access

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  1:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
The 2019s enhanced reverse proof just completed the sale of 30K coins in 15 mins.
Many had difficulty with their internet access to the Mint.
I was wondering about rural vs City internet access discriminating against being able to order.
Generally city internet is much faster than in rural areas.
Thanks for participating or

Poll Choices
  City high speed access - order went thru
  Rural high speed - order went thru
  Rural STD access - order went thru
  City high speed - order did not go thru
  Rural high speed - order did not go thru
  Rual STD speed - order did not go thru

Pillar of the Community
United States
692 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't necessarily agree this is valid as I had my phone and a laptop and 2 different accounts and only 1 order went through. My brother also on fast internet didn't go through.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12781 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It wasn't an access issue, the issue was on the mints end. You really just had to have some luck and keep sitting there hitting refresh. Cell phones, ipads, computers etc even when on different networks all were getting jammed up
Fire A.J. Preller
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4156 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see the point of this poll. It won't yield any valid or meaningful data.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2031 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with basebal ...this issue had nothing to do with internet speed on your end and everything to do with the servers on the mints end. They are not set up to receive that kind of traffic in a short amount of time.
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarkCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems like they could do a lottery of some sort. Let everyone interested in their one coin per household sign up. Then at noon on the day of release, those people get first shot by the Mint choosing at random. Once the pre-signups have been purchased, then open it up to everyone.
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps. The mint should ask Amazon, Google or Apple process the sales where they expect high volume...or continue as they are and the Folks who are interested in their products will just loose interest and collect something else.

I received an email from Pinhurst offering $150 ($221.90) above purchase price if I commit to sell my purchase before 4pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12781 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The mint should ask Amazon, Google or Apple process the sales where they expect high volume

I blast their site about as much as anyone, but really it's just a money issue. It's once in a blue moon they have a product that really excites people so their site just can't handle volume nor does it have to 99.9999999999 percent of the time
Fire A.J. Preller
Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2019  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I voted for the first one but to be fair I was at work and have a fiber network and server room inside and fiber outside also we have really high transmission rates there that I don't have at home just 9 miles away in the same city.

I had all the same problems, 3 others at my job were trying also to get one because I was running my yap for two months about it and only I was successful at getting an order placed. The trouble was on the mints side not mine. The mint got crashed with a ton of traffic all at once and couldn't handle it and then it became just pure luck to get an order complete before it sold out I think.

Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My rural internet is fine ; the coins are not. I did not order any and wouldn't bother with the opening rush. I couldn't be any more tired of anything than I am of gimmick coins and silver eagles (this is both) ...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05