Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Would You Buy A 1942/41 Mercury Dime Like This One, Raw?

 
Previous Page
 
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1209 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 0xDA71D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe this is legitimate. I have bought many times before from this seller. Too bad people cancel orders on him, which forces him to relist things.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3367 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF Dilligaf2u!!

Pillar of the Community
United States
674 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It ended up selling for $425. I wouldn't pay that much for a raw over date. My LCS has a slabbed one for $450 and I'm not a slab buyer but I would have purchased that one instead. In something like this I have a firm price in my mind of 50-65% of what I can get it slabbed and the seller has to have a good return policy and have lots of sales. I paid $250 for my 1877 IHC, it was a G4 coin but I only got it because the cost/risk value was there. Sometimes it's there in the case of the 1942/1 over date I would have stopped at $250. But that's me as you can see lots of other people will bid more.
Edited by hfjacinto
11/17/2019 08:25 am
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
79134 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18720 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When coins are returned there usually is a good reason.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
7721 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Raw? No. The seller would have an easier time if it was Top III certified.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Pillar of the Community
United States
549 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
95% of my collection is, and was purchased, in raw form. The remaining 5% were encapsulated for the obvious reason mentioned. That's simply me. Don't care for bulky, rectangular plastic and don't like green beans. The sticker or edible variety.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05