Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1964-D Kennedy Half, DDO-019 Stage B?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  6:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NewbieCoiner808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Helen Keller could find a DDO easier than me
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NewbieCoiner808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can I get any love up in here?
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NewbieCoiner808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40988 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it looks close. Did you see the upper hair image on Variety Vista?
http://www.varietyvista.com/12%20Ke...4DDDO019.htm
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1617 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your coin's TRUST looks stronger than 019.

Also, I think the mintmark is off.

EDIT: changed RPM to mintmark
Edited by levelsofmadnes
11/17/2019 6:52 pm
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atrox001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think your half dollar matches the 64D DDO-019, when I compare it to the discovery coin which I have. I just compared your photos with 18 of the 19 CONECA listed 64D DDO's in my collection and I think the only one it comes close to matching would be the 64D DDO-008, I used the RUS of TRUST. You could verify this if you see the marker on your half, which is a small die gouge on the lower right side of the 1 of the date, see attached photo.
Larry Nienaber

Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NewbieCoiner808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry guys, I didn't realize someone finally replied to this post. Here are some more pics. I'm thinking it's not DDO-019 also now. The hair doesn't match like coop is talking about. The 1 is damaged so I don't know how that affects the die gouge (if any).

Pillar of the Community
United States
1617 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking WDDO-015 which cross ref to DDO-008.

doubleddie.com has pictures for WDDO-015 while varietyvista.com does not have pictures for DDO-008.

Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NewbieCoiner808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After looking at wexlers, I agree with you guys. It's either DDO-008 or DDO-015. I'll have to get it out when I get home and compare details between the 2. Both are considered "best of" varieties, does that mean they are more collectible?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1617 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The variety I mention, WDDO-015, is from doubleddie.com.

The variety atrox001 mention, DDO-008, is from varietyvista.com.

They are both the same variety. WDDO-015 is the same as DDO-008.

If you look in doubledie.com under CROSS REFERENCE it lists CONECA 8-0-II.
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NewbieCoiner808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, thanks! I get it now lol. That's definitely it, the die gouge is on the 1.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05