Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2003 Lincoln Cent - Grade It!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16087 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  9:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think? Picture taken through an Airtite.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS67+ Maybe 68. Beautiful
Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My thoughts...Is there a nick in his chin? If/probably no, then the devices look untouched. Can't get a great feel of the fields, I see some smalll mint staining (probably can't see it in hand)and an area above the date looks raised Obverse color looks RD, on the reverse is that a shadow in the south/east area or is it turning to RB. Now knowing who posted this coin..and seeing his album.....

I'd say at least MS-68+RD...
Pillar of the Community
United States
682 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's going on with the EAR it looks a lil off or is it just the picture?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42666 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say 67 RD. Very nice!
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strong MS67. Nice.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4702 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice MS67RD
Secret Santa look here to see what I have.

http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11984 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What's going on with the EAR it looks a lil off or is it just the picture?

Didn't notice this until I gave it a second look . I have to admit something off with his ear ,that's usually never an issue on a gem Lincoln . If Bad Thad can explain this to be not a problem with the coin in hand then in my opinion it's an MS-67+RD with chances of 68 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
682 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
when I see the picture it looks like hair is covering his ear.
Edited by Daves Errors
11/17/2019 5:47 pm
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsalsa123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS 67+ RD. Is there something going on above the Eye? Is that a ding?
Edited by Jsalsa123
11/17/2019 4:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
682 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the two pictures everything I am seeing I would say MS65 if that. It looks like he was punched in the face. You can see it in the cheek and the beard.Nice looking coin but it has a lot going on. Can you take some pictures OUT OF THE AIRTITE and post them please?
Edited by Daves Errors
11/17/2019 10:34 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16087 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The stuff you guys are seeing is on the Airtite.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsalsa123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS 68 RD
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05