Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

40 Rolls Of MS Bank Wrapped 2019 Cents No Longer Wanted. What Would You Do?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  7:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked up a box from my local bank of 2019 MS cents. I opened a couple rolls and am holding back 8 rolls for future use, so I'm left with 40 bank wrapped rolls that I am not sure what to do with. Some sellers on eBay are selling them for $2-$5 per roll, but I am not sure I want to go through the hassle at would present.

Choices are:
a) return them to the bank for other (non 2019) rolls
b) hold on to all of them
c) trade them here on CCF (I would trade them one for one for unopened bank wrapped rolls of Canadian cents). I am open to personal trade suggestions- PM me.
d) ?

I am open to any suggestions. Thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16087 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You left one thing out....look for the MS-68 or higher and play the PCGS game. If you can beat the highest grade of 67, you have a big dollar coin.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
549 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree. These are extremely tough above MS66.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest about it, I sincerely doubt my personal ability to distinguish between the hightest grades. The couple rolls I opened had (drying?) spots easily seen in the fields, but overall, beautiful high luster coins. Holding them in my cotton gloved hands was amazing! Very few clash marks, but lots of "spots." Once back in circulation, they'll only get worse from here, sadly.
Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add beachnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A box of pennies isn't a lot of money to sit on. Go get another box and every few rolls go through a roll of the 2019's. Slim chance but you never know what you'll find. If you have the right box, you could get several of the same error.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2306 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(I would trade them one for one for unopened bank wrapped rolls of Canadian cents

It would probably take more than one to trade for a single Bank wrapped roll of Canada Small Cents. Canada stopped minting them back in 2012, so any unopened rolls are 7 years old or older. I have been sitting on 2 unopened rolls (clear plastic) of 2012 Canada cents myself. Got em as a bonus when I bought some coins from someone in Canada.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Canada stopped minting pennies in 2012, but as any Canadian would tell you, they are still very plentiful. And with an exchange rate of 1 CAD=.756 U.S., a one for one deal makes my offer more than fair.
Learn More...
United States
79134 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05