Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1871 25 Cent Obv.1 For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  11:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Thanks looks au++ to me? Vic
Valued Member
Canada
103 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't verify the variety or the authenticity of this piece, but I would say this one is about an EF40 or maybe an EF-45.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
731 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will need clearer photos...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1004 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2019  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Something doesn't look right with the pictures, can you take a photo outside the 2x2?
Valued Member
Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are the sellers photos. Only ones available. Obv.1 for sure. Looks real.
Valued Member
Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UncleVicky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

only other pic looks like it was taken under a white led?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1004 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  02:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Something doesn't look right with the picture and the coins surface. For a coin of that value, I would only look at it in hand and make sure I really knew what I was doing.

It's not like you are cherry picking, the seller already priced it for $1000 value. If they are selling cheap, buyer beware.

Good luck!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42761 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unsure of authenticity, but wouldn't grade this above AU-50.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7678 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50
Genuine
OBV1
Low res pics may be hiding a harsh cleaning
Except in grades EF and above these are by no means scarce.
I had about twenty I cherry picked on ebay over the years.
How much of a risk taker are you?
If it's cleaned you lose at that price.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
404 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  10:55 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pics are poor. Definitely ask for fresh pics if you are considering purchasing this coin. Especially of the Obverse.

I know if I was selling such a high value coin, I would have much clearer pics posted. Better to present it correctly and save yourself the hassle of returns.

Usually when the pics are blurry, someone is trying to hide something. Beware.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1404 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ef 40 looks original. Pics are not great but the other one you added verifies in my mind it is genuine and at least ef
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1026 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2019  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ask yourself: why, in a world where people submit $25 bullion coins by the bucket full for grading, would someone not get a $1000 coin graded?
I'd say with confidence that the grader would note the coin as cleaned or as having some sort of surface alteration.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2232 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2019  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assuming it's genuine (pictures do raise doubt), I would grade it au50 to au55, not ms60.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05