Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pretty 1826 Capped Bust 50c - Making Up For Last Time

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  9:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Suomi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So the last capped bust I purchased turned out to be a mistake as the experts predicted. Came in with hairlines all over it. Well to make up for it I bought this 1826 CBH which should be a O120a variety. Tell me what you think I'm really a sucker for the color on this one.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10401 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  02:02 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know about grade, but it's a lovely example!
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18448 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! AU-58 from these photos, in hand if you don't see any rubbing it might make MS.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Suomi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The AU/MS divide is so difficult for me to determine, especially when you throw toning into the equation. I've been comparing it to a bunch of trueviews, and I think it could go either way. Well it's getting shipped off to PCGS next week
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10401 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  12:03 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, either way, having it graded is not a bad idea. Then you'll know for sure!
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18448 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2019  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a beauty with a nice full strike, you found a great coin. Looking at the talons again, I think this one will slab AU-58.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05