Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With A 1993-P Washington Quarter!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 475Next Topic  
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  08:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wilsonan2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Okay so theres obviously alot of doubling on here. But what I really want to find out is what's going on in the first picture, where the neck connects to the body of the eagle and the line coming from his beak. Does anyone have an idea or know where I can look for info on this?

Edited by Wilsonan2
12/06/2019 08:48 am
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2454 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  09:04 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

The top rim looks like it's out of round. Possibly from a strike on the edge at the point just over "OF." Is the edge flat in this area?

The doubling looks like Machine Doubling, but the line down from the eagle's beak MAY be from clashed dies. The other lines in that area don't look like die clash and I'm not sure what could have caused them.

Here's an overlay that shows where it might show areas that are clashed.

Click the photo for a larger image
The first US coin motto was found on a 1792 half disme and read: "LIB (erty) PAR (ent) OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY"

United States
32 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wilsonan2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yokozuna, I'm not sure about the flat spot, I will check it out again when I get off of work though!
Thank you for the info on the possible die clash! I'm going to do some research on it now! I've seen identical lines on other quarters and thought it was a "spitting eagle" at first but was told that it was just damage. Seeing the overlay you posted though makes alot more sense!
Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wilsonan2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID18
I knew it was Machine Doubling, I didn't ask about the doubling, I asked about another part of the coin. If you're not going to help educate or at least point me in the right direction please stop replying to my posts. I'm sick of seeing "spend it" with zero information on everything I post.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46580 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is rim damage to the coin. That is why it is distorted. All I see is an issue with Machine Doubling.
Threads on Machine Doubling:
http://goccf.com/t/336318
http://goccf.com/t/163076
http://goccf.com/t/161728
http://goccf.com/t/336382
Also an clash on the reverse:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
12/06/2019 9:59 pm
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wilsonan2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, sorry it took so long but heres some more pictures. I now see the damage on the rim you were talking about.

United States
32 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wilsonan2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I know I'm understanding correctly, the damage on the rim is what caused the issues around his neck and the line coming from his beak in this picture?

United States
32 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wilsonan2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet thanks guys! Learned alot today!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 475Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05