Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

More Fakes More Bold Deception

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
455 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  08:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canada-10-C...AOSwafJd6jf5

It's bad enough many longterm eBay sellers shamelessly list their common material as rare but then you get the outright swindlers like this seller trying to cheat the public. Why can't eBay, a place I do like, deal with this criminal activity?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3155 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  10:43 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of his garbage looks counterfeit .Reported !
Checked his SOLD items .....looks like a lot of bargain shoppers
are in a world of HURT!
Edited by Pacificoin
12/06/2019 10:51 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8396 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  11:21 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why can't eBay, a place I do like, deal with this criminal activity?

short answer:
Because eBay gets paid listing and final value fees.

I shop a lot on eBay but I don't like the company one teeny bit.
I wish they would get charged as partners in crime with accessory.
I'm no lawyer but I'm sure eBay has put in the 448 Page user agreement that we agree to, that they are not held responsible for sellers who defraud the buyers.
eBay does profit handsomely for looking the other way until these scumbags get reported.
The listings are removed, then promptly show up again with no consequences.
Many na´ve buyers are content with the fakes they bought and never return them or open a case simply because they just don't know they bought a fake.
The seller makes money and eBay does too!
Coins, Rolex watches, or the latest sneakers. It's up to you to be educated on what is real or not.
CCF people effectively work at removing these listings all the time and it is appreciated, but it will always be a problem.

Somewhere I've heard ~ Education is the key to collector success.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
12/06/2019 11:26 am
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20277 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never saw it here, too late now.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3155 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That one and a few others I reported are toast , but all the rest of the Albanian Cowboys stuff is counterfeit as well .
The SELLER should be GONE ! Buyer ( Ebay Bargain hunters) beware !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1561 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have reported the other 8 Canadian coins listed. Will be gone soon. MM
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20277 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05