Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Need Opinions On These Three Coins. Errors Or Not?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 406Next Topic  

3 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  10:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Simon125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Greetings my first post , my name is Andy
I need opinions on these three coins. Errors or not?

Any opinions would help . Doubling or machine ? The items appear raised opposed to shelved especially the 1972
The quarter dollar is from a sealed 2000 proof set Massachusetts quarter
The quarter with the liberty error is from my pile . I will update the date of this coin and mint When I get home from work
Very appreciative thank you
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2149 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  11:41 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

It hard to tell anything from these photos.

To get the best answers to your questions we need to see the full image of both sides of the coin. You can also post detailed shots of the area in question. Post only one coin per topic. Make sure that each image is cropped and oriented properly, so that the top of the coin is at the top of the picture.

"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45737 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The last one is a ATB Quarter. All these quarters have incuse devices on the outside ring of the coin. None are doubled dies. Even when they are enlarged by Machine Doubling. (70% of these have mild or strong MD) None so far on the outside ring have doubled dies. On these quarters that have the single squeeze process, have the DDO/DDR more on the central areas of the designs. (Same also on the 50 States quarters) Just a limited number have doubling outside of these areas. Best to keep great images to one coin per thread. I tend to by pass threads with more than one coin on them. It is too hard to keep track of which one I'm commenting on.
So keep your threads to one coin. Images horizontal are better. Something like these:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
3 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Simon125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate the help . I will post only 1 coin per topic/question .. and wow I was wrong . He was correct it is an ATB Quarter . I was always told if there's a design flaw ask questions about it without disclosing the date just in case it is an unknown discovery . I apologize for calling it a 2000 Massachusetts that will not happen again.
Nonetheless I am quite impressed
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 406Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05