Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

You Vs. PCGS: 1944 Canada 5 Cent Piece

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4677 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  6:37 pm Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Another coin freshly certified by PCGS for your grading fun. Due to the trueview technique used on this one there isn't ant evidence of the coin's heavy cameo sadly...there's a tiny spot under the chin which isn't that noticeable in hand..it is merely a small plating flaw and I'm happy to take such a tiny flaw over rusted out edges as these coins are almost always found with..

feel free to call me Will. I'm a 19 year old collector from the GTA area of Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4773 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say that spot makes it MS65 but they probably got it at 66
Pillar of the Community
Canada
771 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Due to the flat/weak spot on the king's eyebrow, it looks like a specimen.

I'll say SP65
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43775 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What's going on beneath George's chin?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
594 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice coin, always liked the design of this nickel.
I'll say SP-65.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2259 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have always found that the PCGS TruView pictures look nothing like a 'true view'.

Trying to grade a coin solely from viewing these pictures is a long shot at best.
Valued Member
Canada
130 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollar 1935 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice specimen ! I would say sp-65 too !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43775 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ask again - what's going on under George's chin?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
771 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ask again - what's going on under George's chin?

Did you read the OPs post? Its a plating flaw
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4677 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  12:34 am  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coinfrom 1944-1954 Canadian 5 cent coins are made with planchets with a chrome plating..there is a small plating issue under the chin.. exaggerated by the PCGS image. Not an uncommon thing to find flaws like this on them..this piece is quite rare actually as it has no rusted out edges..
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 19 year old collector from the GTA area of Ontario.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4677 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin graded : SP-65

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05