Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

35th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  7:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KaseyRoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all was just wondering if anyone knows if they will be comming out with a 35th anniversary silver eagle set like they did for the 30th anniversary set. If so is there a timeline? Thank you
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31238 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  05:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
851 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure they are going to do something, they have been since 1995. Don't know what yet.

https://coinweek.com/us-mint-news/n...ing-in-2021/

This article doesn't say anything about a planned set yet but kind of explains why they haven't talked about a set for the 35th anniversary yet either. I'm sure there will be one but according to that article 2020 is the last year of the SAE heraldic eagle reverse. 2021 starts a new line of SAES with a different reverse.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
12/11/2019 06:51 am
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KaseyRoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok awesome ty guys!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16149 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they think they can extract more money out of the collectors, I'm fairly sure they will do it.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I recall I don't think they did a special set for the 30th anniversary. It was just the ASE with the edge lettering. Believe the 25th anniversary was the last special set they did. Regardless, hope they do come out with one for the 35th Anniversary. Maybe a set with one each from gen 1 and gen 2 in a special finish with a mintage of only 29,999
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10220 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I would be very surprised if they don't do something special but there's not thing on the calendar yet.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KaseyRoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh ya forgot was thinking 25th...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4814 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2019  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe a special ERP with a mintage of 10,000.

Edited by Foxwoods Man
12/12/2019 2:49 pm
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2019  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I actually like the finish they used on the 2013 two coin set. Believe it's just an enhanced finish. Anyone know if that's the only time they've used that finish?
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2019  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

And 10 of them will have a CoA autographed by the guy who runs the machine minting the coins.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12944 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2019  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they actually do change the design by then they can easily do a two coin throwback set with old/new designs which would likely be some special finish
Fire A.J. Preller

Go Navy Beat Army
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4197 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2019  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I actually like the finish they used on the 2013 two coin set. Believe it's just an enhanced finish. Anyone know if that's the only time they've used that finish?

Yes, I believe the Enhanced Uncirculated ASE included in the two-piece 2013 West Point Silver Eagle Set is the only ASE to feature the enhanced uncirculated finish.

The Mint first used the enhanced uncirculated finish on the ASE in 2013 and hasn't used it since.

I have one of the sets and agree that the EU ASE is a sharp looking coin.

Edited by commems
12/12/2019 11:56 pm
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Check dave92029's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dave92029 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to see a two coin set with one coin with the current design and the second coin with the New design. Let the current design introduce the future design in one set to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the ASE, both coins with ERP finishes.

This Special Set should also be a salute to all of us collectors who have accumulated so many ASE over the years, so the Mint should sell the 35th Anniversay set at $25 over spot, and no production limit, But I don't really expect this to happen.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05