Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Have Tried To Post My Photos For Three Months Now.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  12:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 2277 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What did I do wrong? This is not my photos at least not picture form cant even get my questions answered if you cant see what I'm talking about. How do I fix this? Feeling like a dinosaur with this new technology. This is the closest I've gotten to getting these here. I sized them on internet explorer before sending. Dose this mean I failed? please help me

Pillar of the Community
United States
4852 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.... to the Community!

Try taking your pictures under different lighting conditions (sunlight, incandescent or florescent) and using different backgrounds to lay your coins on. They appear to be slightly out of focus, but at least you were able to get them posted.

The first coin looks like a coin that was being "spooned" to be drilled out and made into a ring. On the second coin I cannot tell if a clad layer is missing. When the clad is missing the coin is usually pretty dark as the copper core is exposed.

I appreciate your candidness regarding resizing and downloading pictures. I know it can be frustrating. Been there, done that!

When working with the Image Tutorials and tools here you need to remember to be patient and think things through.

Sorry you are having trouble. Keep practicing is about all the advice I can offer. Good luck!
Edited by westernsky
12/13/2019 01:27 am
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  01:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2277 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I certainly appreciate any advice. practice will make me better but don't like feeling like an idiot til then. lol I don't know about doing anything about the shade or if there is something I can do different to keep it the ori in the photos as it is in actuality. these look grey when really they are kind of coppery toned with a dark shade of I don't know but maybe a gray tone too.im off to the other forum to see why these coins are the way thjey are. am going to have to dig deep for patience while I learn. should have started thirty years ago. thank you
Pillar of the Community
United States
2368 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  03:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!!

Quote:
these look grey when really they are kind of coppery toned with a dark shade of I don't know but maybe a gray tone too

This has a lot to do with the lighting and the white balance on your camera. While your naked eye can tell what the color white looks like under different lighting, your camera cannot and needs to be told what white looks like under your lights. What kind of camera are you using to take photos with?

As for the lighting, I would suggest lighting that is as close to "Daylight" as you can get. Look for bulbs that put out between 5000k-6500k. These can be found at Walmart and can fit into normal lamps. This is about the easiest thing that can be done for lighting.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
31269 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 2277 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you both. need all the education I can get. the coins are dark with a coppery tone which is why I couldn't figure out why they uploaded so light. I will practice a lot.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05