Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coins In Circulation For The Last 5 Years

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  11:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ngs428 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am about 4 or so years behind on my circulating coin Dansco albums. Could someone provide a quick summary of the additional mint marks released for circulation over the past 5 years? I am looking at the cent, nickel, dime and quarter from 2015 to 2019. I know there were W and S mint marks along with the P and D...

I just need some direction on how many more mints were added.. Here is where I am at.

Cents, Nickels and Dimes
Just P and D mints for these years

Quarters
2012 and later S mint uncirculated, but not actually released in circulation, collectors only. Were any S minted quarters minted for circulation?
W - 2019 only, 2 million of each of the 5 designs
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10517 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  04:20 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If in doubt, I suggest using PCGS Coinfacts. The info is easily accessible.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ngs428 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS coin Facts did not tell me if the coins were released in circulation. Maybe the online version does, but the mobile app did not.

Either way, I did some more looking and yes, s mint quarters from 2012 on were not released into circulation.

Thank you for the reminder on that resource. It is a good one.
Edited by ngs428
12/14/2019 10:14 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10517 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I may be wrong, but I believe the last circulating coin with an S mintmark was the 1974-S LMC. Circulating coins were struck in SF after that, but do not bear a mintmark.

I believe the 2019-W quarters are the only coins to bear that mintmark that were intended for circulation. Again, circulating coins were struck there before, but bore no mintmark.
-Lucretius
-Kurdt Kobain
Edited by spruett001
12/15/2019 12:03 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1307 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SanFran SBAs were minted for circulation in 1979 and 1980 as well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10517 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  01:59 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
SanFran SBAs were minted for circulation in 1979 and 1980 as well.

Yes. Thank you for that!

I tend to forget about that coin...
-Lucretius
-Kurdt Kobain
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16150 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
in 2019 they did make a business strike finish 2019 W cent, but it was not intended for circulation. No S mint quarters wer actually made for circulation. So your OP plus the 2019 W would be all the mintmarked business strike cent through quarters for the 2015 to 2019 period.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ngs428 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies.

From what I am gathering, if my criteria is if the coin was actually made for circulation (not just a circulation strike) then the P & D of each and the w quarters in 2019 fit the bill.

Correct me if I am wrong here.
Edited by ngs428
12/15/2019 8:21 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10517 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds right for circulating coins for those years.
-Lucretius
-Kurdt Kobain
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ngs428 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3349 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, just because they weren't intended for circulation doesn't mean somebody didn't buy a bag, cherrypick the nice ones and spend the rest...
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10517 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  03:00 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's true, but OP's criteria doesn't include coins not intended for circulation. Those are a bonus.
-Lucretius
-Kurdt Kobain
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18968 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Red Book should have all that info.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Of course, just because they weren't intended for circulation doesn't mean somebody didn't buy a bag, cherrypick the nice ones and spend the rest...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16150 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Red Book should have all that info.

Not until the 2021 edition comes out in April. The 2020 edition doesn't have the W quarters or the W cents, They weren't announced before the 2020 edition was completed in late 2018.
Gary Schmidt
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05