Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mexico Arreola Token? Need Help/Info On It Please.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 514Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  12:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add qktbird to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I won a bunch of items at auction and this token was one that I liked the looks of but I cant seem to find anything on it anywhere. Can anyone tell me more about it such as year it was made, rarity or value? I paid $50 but have no idea if the $150 estimated value of the lot was accurate.

The auction listed it as a Mexico ARREOLA YC token and the description said Rulau MXO 047
I've tried searching for a couple days now and cannot find anything about it nor another one like it. Hopefully someone here can give me a little help and info.

Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add qktbird to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anybody happen to have the Rulau catalog that lists this token? I have the US token catalog and didn't find it in There. I think it may be in the Latin America token book. If anyone has the catalog with this MXO 047 listing, could you post a picture of the information that is given in the catalog. I would love to know what it says about it and if it gives a year that it was made too. Thank you!
Learn More...
United States
16641 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gktbird, I had spent some time trolling around on the interwebs trying to help you but came up empty (tokencatalog.com is one of my go-tos). Alas, my only Rulau catalog is the US one so I'm not sure that I can help. I'm hoping that someone else here can--maybe check back on this thread every day or so to see if there is some more useful activity?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2407 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  08:24 am  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has had one heck of a lot of use which often indicates a hacienda token. Rulau is the only good source.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2019  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add qktbird to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies Spence and alganbagerap! I have no idea what type of token it is, but you may be right about it being a Hacienda token. I've never really looked at one or owned one before but you might be right. I tried searching for those online today and didn't get any results. I still hope someone has the Latin American Tokens catalog bu Rulau and can post a picture of the page with the information on this token so I can learn more about it. Thanks again!
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add retiredkper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the book, Latin Amer. Tokens and it lists the token with description only. No picture and no information other than listing other sources: "Munoz NOM 47 and Eklund 779. It is in the chapter " Unattributed Mexico". Based on your picture I am sure it is a 1/8 real hacienda token from the early 1800's.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 514Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05