Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can't Identify This Military Medal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  5:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jasian1001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have this military medal owned by Herbert Choy (look up if you don't know who he is) and I can't identify it anywhere. I think it may have been a custom made medal for him but I don't know. It would be great for my family history to know what this is.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3680 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't help you with identifying the medal but I can welcome you to the Forum.
You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3155 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2019  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

I don't have an answer for you, but it would help in general if you would crop all of your images so that we can see more detail/ any inscriptions, and so forth.
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2019  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add retiredkper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a Japanese military wound badge for combatant wounds.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  02:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jasian1001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was my great great uncle Herbert Choy's. He never served in Japan and enlisted the day after Pearl Harbor. How can he have found it intact on US soil?
Valued Member
Lithuania
346 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  11:07 am  Show Profile   Check giedrius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add giedrius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Catalogue of Lithuanian half-groats 1495-1529 http://goccf.com/t/282866
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3680 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  11:28 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find giedrius.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
01/01/2020 11:29 am
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2020  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add retiredkper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He might have bought it from some of the Japanese-Americans as they were herded into the internment camps.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05