Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Found 2 2017 P Pennies Today Sorry Here's One

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  01:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pickle Rick to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

United States
37 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pickle Rick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happy New Year everyone sorry for the ugly pic had a few but it's a collectible
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  02:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jasian1001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how's that collectible?
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pickle Rick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the 225th anniversary of the philly mint they put a p on the coin the only year they did so if you find one keep it
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32022 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  04:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find,but they made so many of them and everyone kept some so not really a collectable. If you get one in a high grade,MS68 or higher well then that's a collectable.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  05:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ky1989 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Talked to the man at the coin store yesterday, he said they are worth about 6 cents a piece right now, so if you can find more, keep them. Later down the road when they start to get destroyed or otherwise damaged the value will go up.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12698 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
143 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HGK3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They made about 4.36 billion of these cents at the Philadelphia mint in 2017.

It might be a while before we see that value uptick due to attrition I'm thinking.
Pillar of the Community
United States
748 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panther to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HGK3;

At the rate these Zincoln junk coins are rotting it may not be that long after all.

Dan
Pillar of the Community
United States
1859 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my ongoing roll searching, any 2017-P I come across I toss back. If I come across a MS I'd keep it, but in many, many boxes I have yet to find anything decent without zinc rot. So if you find a nice MS without zinc rot, keep it, otherwise toss them back into circulation. But keeping every single 2017 regardless of condition just because it has a P mintmark on it? No.
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've searched just a few 2017p boxes. But they all had white spots from rinzing. Unable to find anything decent.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32022 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For everyone I keep,I toss back 4. I wish the mint made 4 billion without a mint mark and 1 million with the P mint mark,opportunity missed U.S. Mint.
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
1122 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find uncirculated 2017 p almost daily in Florida. The only ones I kept were trail dies and the best DDO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  06:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty decent example, especially if found in a roll.

Here is one of the strongest varieties for the year. (Unfortunately, you wouldn't know it by images at DD)
2017P DDO-001 http://varietyvista.com/01e%20LC%20...1%20cent.htm br /
Die dot marker left of the MM but you can't miss the thickness and distortion on TRUST. Even the MM is thicker than normal.
(Images are courtesy of Jim Fines at LCF)

Edited by Petespockets55
01/03/2020 06:22 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32022 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wan't there a master die doubling that year?
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
1122 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea master die doubling took away most of the DDO that year. I can't remember which one I have but I know it's the one with the fat date
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05