Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Error Note? (Answer Received)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2020  8:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add icollect45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!

I've received a bill today that I would love to know more about.

Is this an error? Insufficient ink?

At first, I thought this was due to age, but then again the ink shown on the other parts of the bills are perfectly fine, it is just the serial number and the seal on the front.

I know that they are a few reverse errors on these bills as shown here, but I am not sure about the observe of this bill.

The seal and the serial number seems to be faded, low ink, no color, etc..

I've tried doing more research on my end just now, it is really hard to find an answer or anything similar.

It's either I find the reverse bills that either been washed or an actual error (not sure with this piece), but then the observe is just fine. (this observe seems to have a fading seal and serial number)

And other examples I've seen is where the serial number and seal is completely missing, but this bill's seal and serial number is still visible, just very light and light coloring.

Wouldn't bleach or any chemical remove the entire serial number/seal completely? And the "Washington D.C." on the seal is perfectly fine without any fading.

Would love to hear from you all.

Thanks

Edited by icollect45
01/12/2020 6:03 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44682 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2020  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say it's been washed and possibly bleached.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2471 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF.

It appears to be environmental damage, and not an error note.
Whatever happened, didn't effect the black ink as much as is effected the green ink (back) and blue ink (seal & serial numbers) on the note.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this not the answer you hoped for. A famous saying comes to mind, " Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die." These homemade experimental errors are often seen here, on other forums and for sale on eBay.
Edited by SteveInTampa
01/12/2020 2:59 pm
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add icollect45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was hoping I received an error note haha, but had a feeling this note was not a legit error.

I also knew, being I couldn't find anything similar to this.

Thank you all for responding!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20327 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why did you delete the images?
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add icollect45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bobby131313 I received the answer. It was not a genuine error. As others stated, the bill was worn, and definitely washed.

Worth a $1 haha
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20327 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't matter, we leave things so the next guy with something similar knows.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add icollect45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bobby131313 Oops, did not even think of that.

This is my second or third post on this forum, now I know to keep that in mind for future posts.

Thanks for letting me know!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20327 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But yet you removed them again.
Learn More...
United States
82222 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05