Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Perth Mint The Jewelled Tiger 10 Oz Gold Coin - Our Most Significant Release For 2020

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,049Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  8:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Perth Mint - As one of the most powerful animals in Eastern culture, the majestic tiger has been immortalised in rare Argyle pink diamonds on The Perth Mint's most significant release for 2020. Crafted from 10oz of 99.99% pure gold and adorned with a finely sculptured three-dimensional 18 carat rose gold tiger pavé set with nearly three carats of fancy vivid intense pink diamonds, the coin has a mintage of just eight.

The Jewelled Tiger 10oz gold coin

fSOLx1Diws0

The Jewelled Tiger 10oz gold coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
3176 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful but I bet it won't be cheap!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3503 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Should be a contest here...Without clicking onto link
I'm thinking 60K.....others

OUCH...I clicked onto the link......
Edited by Greasy Fingers
01/12/2020 11:43 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17307 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  02:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic artwork!
Difficult to regard this as a numismatic item.

Quarter million dollars is not a lot for those who are millionaires. And there are lots of them in China.

Vivid pink diamonds only come from one diamond mine in the world. They are amongst the rarest and most valuable diamonds, (4C's for 4C's) that exist.
The Agryle diamond pipe from where these diamonds come, is in the northern part of Western Australia.
That is why it was easy for the Argyle Diamond Mine and the Perth Mint to come to a marketing arrangement. Western Australia produces about 25% of the World's newly mined gold. That is why the Perth Mint exists.
Edited by sel_69l
01/13/2020 04:00 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5460 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's neat, but not 1/4 million AUD neat!
Australia
44 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool, I'll get two, one for the album and one to use in my christmas pudding.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17307 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collector's piece for the rich? Yes.
Numismatically significant? Not really.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,049Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05