Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Not Sure If This Wheat Is Just PMD Or Something More Interesting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  06:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sheenaxfaye to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Each time I come across this one in my "no idea but I'll hoard them away anyway" stack, I convince myself it's just PMD. But right before I go to throw it in my "go ahead and spend" change jar, I second guess myself yet again so back into the "no idea" bag.

Obviously it's a Wheat penny but that's about all I'm positive of. I apologize in advance for the shoddy pictures ((Samsung let me down hard with the 9)) but maybe someone else can see what I believe I think I m think see, which might or might not be a very faint ghost of what's supposed to be the year.

Most likely I should've thrown this in the spent jar way back when, but hopefully one of you awesome people can tell be something that'll make me very glad I didn't.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the rambling post.

.sxf

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14542 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sxf, first welcome to CCF. Second, that all looks like damage to me rather than a mint error. With regard to the date, I can't see enough to narrow it beyond 1909-1958.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1681 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  07:26 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

I'm thinking damage too, but do you happen to know the weight?
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Valued Member
United States
327 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sheenaxfaye to CCF...

Enjoy learning from the CCF experts....

Have fun, enjoy the hobby....
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sheenaxfaye to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yoko

I'm actually waiting on a scale to arrive today, if Amazon doesn't disappoint me once again. Would it be less or more than the regular weight of it wasn't actually PMD?

I figured it was just trying damage but for as long as I've had this in my collection and "almost" threw it back, I was really hoping for something neat, regardless of the value. I'll just have to keep on looking :)

Thanks again to everyone's for answering :D

.sxf
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05