Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 D Penny Doubled Earlobe Possible DDR?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 476Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hokuto7291 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone, I have a 2019 d shield penny to look at. I first noticed the DDR on the reverse, at least I hope that's what it is, most of the serifs on the bottom of the letters in USA seem to be doubled. Then while looking at the obverse, I noticed that Lincoln's earlobe is slightly doubled. What do you all think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
3382 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember single squeeze doubling will show up in the center of the design, therefore IMO reverse looks normal to me (maybe glare is making you think doubling) As far as the earlobe, I'm on the fence with it being a hit,plate shifting or doubled, just can't tell for sure from photos..sorry
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hokuto7291 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took a pretty good side shot for Lincoln's ear, it still seems like an extra lobe to me. I took a low light, black and white photo of the AM in AMERICA as well in hopes of eliminating glare, but to me it still looks odd. I am going to assume it's just reflection for now and focus on the ear.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3382 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better picture of the ear...get a hold of Tanman2001 and see what his opinion is
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hokuto7291 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how do I do that greasy fingers? I don't see a member search on the forum
Pillar of the Community
United States
3382 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Click on the box between "Tools" and "Member CCF Sales" boxes then find his user name under T , click on his name
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hokuto7291 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Greasy Fingers, I sent a message
Pillar of the Community
United States
2925 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree the reverse looks normal.

I'm really having difficulty seeing the "doubled ear", especially with the glare. I don't think it's there.
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hokuto7291 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry that's the best I can do for the ear, it's too reflective for my setup. Thanks for the reply though tanman2001
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 476Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05