Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 Gitd Toonie (Snow Caps? & Cud Errors?)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  11:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TomFetti to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I haven't done much collecting in the last two years. But figured i'd go through what I got & check a few pieces.
Did some roll hunting on Monday, & plan to do some more on Friday..

But I got a question about this toonie.. I'm sure it's a snow cap. yet trying to find the (cud?) errors on the queen side, on another coin has been impossible.

Cheers - Tom
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4454 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die chips
Valued Member
Canada
67 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dredge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to disagree with die chips. As I have observed this on a lot toonies. I am not sure how it is happening but it is evenly spaced along the rim like it was squeezed to hard, as it puts a flat spot on the edge? These are 2014 - 2019 from one roll from the bank. Anyone else have a reasonable explanation?

Edited by Dredge
01/17/2020 1:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4454 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is the edge lettering on the rim and just poor quality production, I thought you were asking about tiny spots around the Queen.
Valued Member
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomFetti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the correction John! I should of known it was Die Chips, not Cud.

But I was asking about the oval shapes around the queens inner section of the toonie. So thanks for the help! :D

I think this will be a keeper, with snow-cap / die chip. Cheers!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
668 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scissel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The oval shapes are bubbles underneath the plating. The effect is more commonly seen on plated cents.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2326 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the waffled edges are nothing new, but they do appear to be getting worse every year. as john100 said - poor quality production. makes Canada's $2's look like play money - kind of embarrassing actually.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05