Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Double Struck Pennies 2005 D And

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  12:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mike689 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2005D penny looks to be double struck on the reverse. Looks like "America" reversed. Is this real?

I found this 1975D with a liberty bell and usa stamp on the obverse. I have no idea what the heck this is, I've never seen anything like it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2058 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  12:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With your second coin, I have one too. It's called a counter-stamped cent, but yours has lots of other damage as well. Paint?

Some people collect them, but probably not in the condition you have there.
ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
2058 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your first coin... looks like it has perhaps glue on it? Notice the lettering in reverse on the back?
btw
to the CCF!
ša va bien aller
Learn More...
United States
84018 Posts
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TwistedTrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF On the reverse I'm thinking it was struck through and a piece of it remains.
Pillar of the Community
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oijogja to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...Struck through a mini-Loch Ness monster? Poor lil guy.
everything else
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mike689 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the warm welcome. For that first 2005D coin there's no glue. That raised area with the reverse lettering is copper. So I guess a piece of a penny chipped off on the die and it got struck on to the next penny? Is this coin worth anything?

Thanks for identifying the counter stamp on that coin.I'm thinking this coin actually had glue on the reverse. If its not worth anything because of the condition I 'll just keep it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43175 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like something on on the coin. Altered. (But I'm still thinking Elmer's glue)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05