Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Camera.. Try Again Grade 1889 S Morgan Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  11:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrulon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrulon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1447 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos to brite
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16288 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lighting off, washed out, pictures look unnatural. Suggest using a white background so the viewer can gauge your white balance.

What kind of light are you using? I bought this a few months ago and it's GREAT!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...e=UTF8&psc=1

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44978 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better pics needed, sorry.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrulon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
try again
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrulon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrulon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrulon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
8262 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
much better photos. the 89(s) is know for bold strikes. this one I would say is AVG for the date. now for the bad news. my best guess on this one is the coin appears to be cleaned where someone attempted to remove some of the scratches on the cheek to make them less prominent and/or buff it to make it a little shiny so to mask the scratches throughout. I'm not seeing this on the reverse.

UNC details
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrulon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got this from APMEX sold as AU 58 on sale for $139... based on reviews I am sending it back
Pillar of the Community
United States
4919 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buying better date raw coins online is a huge roll of the dice!

At least you can get a refund on this one. Even if it's a hassle.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrulon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately I have never had to question what APMEX merchandise.... I guess I will have to be careful even when I buy from them.... They stated they have an expert who checks the raw coins when they sell it with a particular grade on it.... this one was sold as AU 58 not AU details or AU like.... thought I could trust them
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19120 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58 details, cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
4919 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to send back some stuff back to them once that was no where near as described. Haven't bought anything from them since. I used to have a lot of respect for APMEX. Not so much anymore.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05